1.1 This document sets out the induction procedure applicable to non-executive directors.
2. INDUCTION KIT
2.1 The Company Secretaries will provide an Induction Kit for new directors. This Kit will include the following documents:-
- Contact details for Directors and Company Secretaries
- Meeting details: schedule, location of meetings
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
- Latest annual financial report
- Auditor’s latest report to the Board (if Audit and Compliance Committee)
- Documents (agenda, minutes etc) from the last three Board Meetings
- Annual Report
- Pro-forma of director’s statement of interests affecting independence
- Board Manual
3. SITE VISITS
3.1 New Directors undergo an in-house company training programme to familiarise themselves with the operations of the Group. This includes visits to the Group’s businesses and sites and meetings with senior management as appropriate, to enable them to get a full understanding of the nature of the Group’s businesses, current issues within the Group and the corporate strategies as well as the structure and management of the Group.